Introduction to the Crime Laboratory – Understanding Its Role and PurposeLisa Malette
This training is designed for legal professionals who present and/or scrutinize scientific evidence in courts of law. The course provides information about the history, purpose, and responsibilities of crime laboratories and the best practices for interacting effectively with these laboratories as a legal professional.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
• Explain the origin of the word “forensic”
• Identify the two landmark cases that gave rise to the modern day crime laboratory
• Name the five types of forensic science laboratories most commonly operated in the United States
• Name the single most effective strategy in preventing or eliminating crime laboratory backlogs
• Identify the key management authority responsible for the operations of a crime laboratory
• Name the key operational metric used to measure crime laboratory productivity
Price: $89.00 USD
Course Type: On-Demand Presentation
Section: Premium Legal
Length: Approximately 30 minutes
Audience: Legal Professionals
Performance Requirement: The user is required to pass a post-course quiz with a minimum score of 80% to assess the attendees’ knowledge. Users have the opportunity to retake the quiz to achieve a passing score.
Course Accreditation: Certificate of Attendance