Managing Quality and Reliability in the Crime Laboratory: A Lawyer’s PerspectiveLisa Malette
This training is designed for legal professionals who scrutinize and/or present scientific evidence in courts of law. The course provides information about the history, purpose, and responsibilities of crime laboratories and the best practices to interact with these laboratories as a legal professional. It is suggested, but not required, that users have taken the course; An Introduction to the Crime Laboratory – Understanding its Role and Purpose before attempting this course.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
• Evaluate the work of a scientific expert
• Name the two types of scientific analyses
• Name the international body that governs crime laboratory accreditation
• Recognize authoritative documents and court rulings critical to forensic science
• List five warning signs signaling problems in a crime laboratory
Price: $89.00 USD
Course Type: On-Demand Presentation
Section: Premium Legal
Length: Approximately 60 minutes
Audience: Legal Professionals
Performance Requirement: None, however, a post-course quiz is required to assess the users’ knowledge.
Course Accreditation: Certificate of Attendance