Episode 243 | Just Improved Response to Sexual AssaultJaclynn McKay
Listen/Download at: Apple Podcasts Stitcher Soundcloud Spotify Google Podcasts
Raible, T., & Valentine, J. (2023, April 14). Just Science. Just Improved Response to Sexual Assault. [Audio podcast episode]. The Forensic Technology Center of Excellence. https://forensiccoe.org/podcast-2023-saam-ep2/
- 2023 Sexual Assault Awareness Month Webinar Series
- Exploring the Link Between Dating Apps and Sexual Assault: Novel Research Findings
- Solving Violent Crime Through Lawfully “Owed” DNA: Outcomes of Efforts to Address Missed DNA Samples
- Touch DNA Evidence Collection in Sexual Assault Cases: Knowledge to Inform Practice
- Low Prosecution Rates in Sexual Assault Cases: Can We Make Sustainable Improvements?
- National Best Practices for Sexual Assault Kits: A Multidisciplinary Approach
Dr. Julie L. Valentine is an Associate Dean and Associate Professor at Brigham Young University College of Nursing and certified sexual assault nurse examiner with Wasatch Forensic Nurses. Her research focus areas are sexual violence, intimate partner violence, and the criminal justice system’s response to sexual violence. Dr. Valentine focuses on collaborative research studies uniting disciplines in sexual assault case reform to benefit victims and case processing. She developed a growing dataset of ~14,000 sexual assault cases tracking information from evidence collection through DNA analysis – the largest database of its kind. Findings from this database have informed state and national policies and interdisciplinary practices. Dr. Valentine is very active in using her expertise and research to inform legislative policy.